Tuesday 24 January 2012

It's what's on the outside that counts

Boz has just posted about his conflicted desires for a Kindle. For me, the thing that made me want one was seeing the metallic red patent leather Kindle cover my friend A's fiance had bought her for her Kindle. I like leather, mmmkay?

Metallic patent has proven hard to come by but I have bought a quite splendid red lizard effect leather Kindle sleeve on Etsy from Gardenour Leather. Cases are obviously available from Amazon and people who like to read in bed (I don't) seem to swear by the ones with a built in light but they are fairly expensive (more so on Amazon UK than US Amazon of course) and the quality of the leather used is shoddy. I also didn't want a book cover type case - mine is simply a sleeve that the Kindle slips into. I'm very pleased with my purchase - even with postage from the US it barely came to £30 and it's similar quality to cases sold by Smythson for 3 or 4 times that amount (and Samantha Cameron doesn't work for Gardenour either - mind you they could be Tea Partiers - I didn't ask. But the leather is excellent quality and so is the workmanship).

No comments:

Post a Comment