Sunday 24 November 2013

Back in harness

Today's Observer relates the story of one Helen Morrison who in 1727 placed one of the first known personal ads in a local Manchester paper. As a result of this, the Mayor of Manchester had her committed to a lunatic asylum.

He may have had a point.

I'm at it again and have two dates this week. I really don't know why. I feel very little enthusiasm. Yes, the alternative is another thrilling evening in Woking Travelodge but with enough chocolate and a good book that surely beats awkwardness, tedium, rejection and potentially worse. If only the cats could talk and had more than another 5 years in them I think I could do without a relationship. I get more than enough of people from work at present.

1 comment:

  1. We demand scathing blow-by-blow* match reports. I found that if you approach online dating purely as an experiment designed to generate blog fodder, it's a lot easier on the nerves.


    *Er,.. that was a boxing commentary metaphor, just to be clear.

    ReplyDelete